Dr. Andrea Baragetti
April 2012 – April 2013: Research fellow at Università degli Studi di Milano
July 2012: PhD Student at Università G. d’Annunzio – School of Advanced Studies – Chieti (PE) – PhD Course in Medical and Surgical Clinical and Experimental Sciences
2006-2011: Graduation - Pharmacy, Università degli Studi di Milano. Thesis: “The role of oxidative stress and inflammation in the prognosis of Chronic Kidney Disease”. Relatore : Prof. Alberico L. Catapano
November 2010 – Today
Cardiovascular imaging at Center for the Study of Atherosclerosis Bassini Hospital (Cinisello Balsamo, MI) in dyslipidaemic subjects (familial hypercholesterolaemia, combined, hypertriglyceridaemia). The activity includes:
- Intima-Media Thickness (IMT) assessment
- Achilles tendon thickening in hypercholesterolemic subjects
- Endothelial function, through FMD (Flow-Mediated Dilatation) and NMD (Nitrate-Mediated Dilatation)
- ABI (Ankle/Brachial Index)
Echographers: BIOSOUND2000 II sa (Indianapolis, USA) (probe 8 - 10 MHz) e Vivis S5 (GE Healthcare®, Wauwatosa, IL, USA) (probe 10 - 13 MHz).
November 2010 – Today
Laboratory Methods at Center for the Study of Atherosclerosis - Bassini Hospital (Cinisello Balsamo, MI), as:
- DNA Extraction
- RNA Extraction with gDNA eliminator
- Retrotranscriptase of RNA to complementary DNA (cDNA)
- Genotyping PCR
- Monocytes extraction from human blood
- Metodica ELISA
- Colorimetric Lowry Assay.
November 2010 - Today
Collaboration with Unity of Nephrology and Dialysis of Bassini Hospital (Cinisello Balsamo, MI) in a prospective clinical study. Outcomes of interest were the associative role of low HDL cholesterol levels with a worse prognosis of the disease and their reduced SR-B1 activity in uremic subjects. Indeed we investigated the associative role of -374 T/A RAGE SNP with the prognosis of CKD during a 5-years follow-up.
Collaboration on a large survey of free-living people (The PLIC Study) at the Center for the Study of Atherosclerosis – Bassini Hospital (Cinisello Balsamo, MI, Italy). Management of database and clinical research on associative role of biomarkers and SNPs on the prognosis of cardiovascular disease.
February 2012 – Today
Brief experience on murine models of atherosclerosis (LDL-R -/- e apoE -/-) over-expressing microRNA-199a. Determination of plaque extent, necrotic core and collagen content at tricuspid valve.
-Oral session at Congresso S.I.S.A. Nazionale 2012, Roma and Congresso S.I.S.A Lombardia 2012, Milano. Titolo: “LOW HDL CHOLESTEROL LEVELS IS AN INDEPENT PREDICTOR OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE PROGRESSION”. Winner of Premio Giovani Ricercatori presso Congresso S.I.S.A. Lombardia 2012.
- Moderated poster session at European Lipoprotein Club, 2012 Tutzing - Germany. Title ” LOW HDL CHOLESTEROL LEVELS IS AN INDEPENT PREDICTOR OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE PROGRESSION”.
- Poster session at 81th European Atherosclerosis Society Congress, 2013 Lyon, France. Title ”Android/Gynoid ratio is a marker of visceral adiposity in chronic kidney disease”.
-Convegno Regionale S.I.S.A. Lombardia XI Giornata di Studio “Il soggetto ad alto rischio cardiovascolare: Ricerca clinica e di base nell’ambito dell’aterosclerosi”. Milano 26-27 Ottobre 2012.
-35th European Lipoprotein Club meeting, Tutzing (DE).
-80th European Congress of Atherosclerosis, Milano 25-28 Maggio 2012.
-80th EAS Congress Satellite Symposium: “MicroRNA and cardiovascular disease”, Milano 24-25 Maggio 2012.
-80th EAS Congress Satellite Symposium: “High density lipoproteins: from basic science to therapeutics advances”, Milano 28.29 Maggio 2012.
-“convegno HDL: dalla fisiologia alla patologia”, Milano 13-14 Aprile 2012.
-Congresso regionale S.I.S.A : “il soggetto ad alto rischio cardiovascolare: un approccio integrato”, Milano 15-16 Aprile 2011.
- 81th European Congress of Atherosclerosis, Lyon 2-5 June 2013