Dr.ssa Federica Sala
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
2001-2006 License in Science at Liceo Scientifico Statale “Paolo Frisi”, Monza
2006 Student in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Milan, Italy
2010-2011 Student at the Institute of Pharmacological Sciences (Director Prof. Giorgio Racagni), Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Milan, Laboratory of Cellular Pharmacology of Arteriosclerosis, directed by Prof. Alberto Corsini.
2011 Degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology (110/110 cum laude)
2011 October-December Graduated Regular at Laboratory of Lipoproteins, Atherosclerosis and immunity directed by Professor Alberico L.Catapano.
2012-today PhD Student at Laboratory of Lipoproteins, Atherosclerosis and immunity directed by Professor Alberico L.Catapano.
- Experimental medicine: use of transgenic models for atherosclerosis and autoimmunity.
- DNA and RNA extraction from animal tissues
- Analysis of genetic expression (quantitative real time PCR)
- Flow Cytometry (blood, cells,..)
- Isolation of mice organs (primary and secondary lymphoid tissues, peritoneal cavity cells, heart, aorta, liver..)
- Cell lines: Smooth Muscle Cells (rat and mouse)
- Lipid extraction and separation from cultured cells, animal tissues and organs (plasma, brain, liver)
- Lipoprotein isolation by sequential ultracentrifugation and HPLC
- Cell proliferation by cell counting
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of total and single phospholipids by phosphorus assay, TLC and GLC
- Simple and complex lipids analysis by chromatographic techniques (TLC, GLC, HPLC)
- Analysis of serum and plasma lipids by enzymatic and chromatographic means
- 2011 Next Step: la giovane ricerca avanza; 24 Giugno Milano, Department of Pharmacological Sciences:“Experimental conditions for the lipid and lipoprotein profiling of de-novo heart transplanted patients treated with everolimus abd fluvastatin”.
- 3 February 2012 SIF Congress “Nuove frontiere nella terapia dell’aterosclerosi”;
- 24-28 May 2012 European Atherosclerosis Society; Milano;
- MicroRNA and Cardiovascular Diseases satellite meeting: “MicroRNA 143/145 deficiency is associated with reduced atherosclerosis in LDL-receptor knock out animals” (oral presentation)
- EAS Meeting: “MicroRNA 143/145 deficiency is associated with reduced atherosclerosis in LDL-receptor knock out animals”
- 21-23 June 2012: Summer School S.I.S.A. “Malattie del metabolismo e aterosclerosi”.
- 10-13 September 2013: ELC 35th meeting
- 26-27 October 2012: Regional SISA Congress: “MicroRNA 143/145 deficiency is associated with reduced atherosclerosis in LDL-receptor knock out animals” .
- 28-30 November 2013: National SISA Congress “MicroRNA 143/145 deficiency is associated with reduced atherosclerosis in LDL-receptor knock out animals” (prize as best oral presentation).
- 7-12 April 2013: ICGEB Theoretical Course "Mouse Genetics; Models for Human Diseases”.
- 2-5 June 2013: EAS Congress – Lyon: “MicroRNA 143-145 deficiency limits atherosclerosis in animal models”; “ Characterization of memory T cell subsets in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia”